Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I closed my Ebay store today

Should I feel sad after one year of "Purple Sage Handmade Designz" on Ebay? I don't think so.
First, let me say, I have had super customers on Ebay, a few non-payers, but overall they were just great. Thanks so much, guys. Will I leave Ebay completely? No, I will list auctions or Fixed price items as long as there is interest in my work.
But keeping an Ebay store just seemed worthless. Hidden from search, 10% final Value Fee, it takes the fun and ambition out of the store-ownership. The final straw was the new search "playground". Too much best-matching, pre-formatting search results, too far away from a true natural search where you just can pull up whatever you typed into the search bar.
Now I will offer some of my "liberated" hats on Etsy and on my website for your consideration.
See great deals and from now on strictly auctions only on Ebay here

No comments: