Sunday, October 21, 2007

Let music express my attitude



Sometimes I feel completely out of the loop.
Voicing my opinion towards politics, society or ethical discussions with weighing all the pros and contras is difficult. Especially since you can never be 100% sure you have all the facts.
It's easy to repeat slogans.
It's not as clear as it was for me in my young years, when something was either black or white, good or bad or the answer was yes or no.
I live in a country where I am an immigrant status, a permanent alien resident status until I will get naturalized. My home country does not allow a dual citizenship. I can only keep my German nationality and take on the American citizenship after an appeal process and approval through the German bureaucracy. Many Euros and $$$, a costly venture.
Critique of a guest country' politics or values or of the home country I left behind is uncalled for in many cases. As a citizen I am in a state of transition and "Not Belonging". I don't vote here, I don't vote there. Sometimes I feel like I don't have a voice.

For now I let music speak for myself, as artists have used poetry and lyrics to express themselves for centuries.

No comments: