Saturday, October 13, 2007

Just an ordinary Saturday

It has been a good day, not eventful but reliable and comforting.
Football season for my husband...Oklahoma Sooners vs. Missouri Tigers.
Me: Run to the post office earlier. Pizza evening and bretzels. Crochet work is done. Free time. Reading.
Ideal time to showcase some items from other Etsy sellers that I have received recently.

I have received this fabulous art print from FigurativeHarmony as a PIF. My photograph doesn't do it quite justice though, hadn't time to frame it yet. It will be displayed soon.



I have purchased this wonderful macrame necklace from macraMe, it's part of my owl mania. I just love owls, they remind so much of the 1970s style and I just love owls period.

Owl sterling silver earrings from mydesertstudio. Love, love these, too.

I have more purchases to share soon.


Last but not least I finally have some time to continue work on my patchwork peasant skirt. I can't make up my mind what applique to put onto a side pocket, owl or mushrooms? I most likely will go with mushrooms since they will harmonise with the kitchen feel of the vintage Orleans Rose print of the bottom tier. This is a skirt made entirely from vintage fabrics, some are recycled. We already have enough
"wear once throw out" products in this world, recycling is the logical thing to do.

2 comments:

GreenSpaceGoods said...

My aunt is in love with owls too. As children, my cousins and I would play a game counting all of the owls in her house. We could never end up with the same number, but eventually we all agreed there were well over 500 owls. I love the ones you've chosen. :)

Anonymous said...

Serching macrame owls at Google Image, we find one familiar! Is one of the ours!!!
Thank you Angelika for your post!

Mariana and Paula