Thursday, October 11, 2007

How the FLYLADY can make your artist's life easier

I always thought that chaos and creativity were best friends, that a genius had to surround her/himself with chaos. Don't we just all love to think of ourselves as genial?
But, in the long run I found out that chaos is a sign of stupidity when it comes to my time schedule and crafting surrounding, well, the creative person needs time to create, and chaos is sucking up more time then necessary. Looking for stuff, pressure to send out orders because the due date has passed? If we do as the flylady says (here are her 11 commandments, I copied and pasted from the website here) our lives will become easier.
The reading is absolutely worth it, and the kitchen sink make sense, I tried it, and believe me, I hate household chores, so, take it from me.
And one more thing, I don't always follow the rule of the street shoes, flipflops are just fine for Oklahoma 2/3 of the year, but I replaced it with wearing earrings.
I think this site is inspirational to change some things in our daily schedule and set time free for the things we truely enjoy.
  1. Keep your sink clean and shiny.

  2. Get dressed every morning, even if you don’t feel like it. Don’t forget your lace-up shoes.

  3. Do your morning and before bedtime routine everyday.

  4. Don’t allow yourself to be sidetracked by the computer.

  5. Pick up after yourself. If you get it out, put it away.

  6. Don’t try to do two projects at once. ONE JOB AT A TIME.

  7. Don’t pull out more than you can put back in one hour.

  8. Do something for yourself everyday, maybe every morning and night.

  9. Work as fast as you can to get the job done. This will give you more time to play later.

  10. Smile even when you don’t feel like it. It is contagious. Make your mind up to be happy and you will be.

  11. Don’t forget to laugh everyday. Pamper yourself, you deserve it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good advice. I get sidetracked by the computer all the time. :o Like right now. I have clothes all over my floor that I need to sort through to give to the Goodwill, but I'm playing around on etsy instead!