Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Why resolutions often don't work...


Ok, so I proclaimed a crafty design challenge for February and have to admit, it didn't work out as planned:)
But that's fine. I have stopped making resolutions for every New Year's beginning and good so.
Relevance is a key factor, stick to your priority goals. Sometimes you have to abandon a fun idea to support your livelihood first.
I was very busy filling orders and I stuck to my main goal of making my home based crafting business work. In that respect I was consistent. Patting on my own back is not of good taste, but we need to praise ourselves from time to time, right? :)
Know your long-term goals and keep them at the top of your list.
Today just a fun update. Above is a picture of my private side project:
A table runner (freshly started) made from recycled t-shirt yarn. Sid sacrificed some of his t-shirts in a size XL which provide a bit more yarn than my M. Just cut slightly diagonally, starting at the bottom (cut off seam first) and go all around the t-shirt cutting about a 1" wide strip until you reach the sleeves. Stop there. Wind the long strip into a yarn ball. My yarn was too thin for a rug but too thick for any wearable, so I decided on a table runner.
Great way to get rid of unloved big t-shirts and saving them from landfills.

2 comments:

Bridgette Encinas said...

I like the way you set up your blog. Do you have any idea how to get back to one anothers blogs once we leave them?? I'm a little lost on that. Anyways, my name is Bridgette, how are you?

Angelika@ Purple Sage Designz said...

Bridgette, I usually bookmark a blog when I want to return to it.
I am fine and thanks for the compliment.