Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Looking forward to our vacation

Sid and I have been under the weather for a while now.
The weekend didn't happen as planned and we didn't drive to Shawnee's Arts & Craft Fair. It was an overall cool cloudy weekend with some sunny high lights, but the forecast of rain made us change our plans and just take "time out". It's a strange feeling when you are not really sick, but you don't feel like a "powerhouse" either. And your body sends you that message to take it easy or it will go into strike mode. I am a big believer in listening to body messages.
Great news is that we got our tickets to fly to Cancun, Mexico and stay at a nice hotel close to the beach for a few days.
A typical tourist vacation package nevertheless. But, I have done my fair share of back pack traveling throughout my life in Europe. For me this is actually a novelty. The convenient way of vacationing. So we''ll be the the typical American tourists, haha.
After camping in the Rockies and train riding through Germany we may actually enjoy it. My first trip to Mexico ever. I was thrilled to visit Spain when I was still living in Germany. I love tropical sceneries and I am a sucker for palm trees. Yep!

No comments: