Saturday, March 29, 2008

The grass IS greener on the other side


We live outside of the city limits and rarely anyone has a tiny yard, but rather a nice size piece of land. So do we....but why does everyone have blooming bushes and greener grass then we do?
I have not yet solved the puzzle. Sid has put down bags of bermuda seeds onto the ground to jumpstart our meager grass to grow thicker and healthier, but so far there are only few sprouts coming up. Our fescus sawed dried up last year after putting days of hard work into getting a lusher lawn under the big shade trees.
So today I strolled around in the yard in search of at least one spring plant. This is what I found (pic above). And if I just knew why all the dry fall leaves gather up on our lawn (even though I bag them up all the time)...
In my attempt to take pictures of my just finished patchwork skirt I was not delighted about the look of the background either.
I think I need to work on my back props, now if I just had that magic green thumb.

(available here)
Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments: