Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Time for Creativity

If you have experienced a very good sales time before Christmas you may (or may not) encounter a slower phase at the beginning of the year. Even though my sales keep on coming in it's not comparable to the pre-holiday sales. It takes some time to adjust because a business owner easily gets used to effortless selling. The crafter may actually embrace the slower time as it sets time free for new creations.
I have taken a sketch book and wrote down my random ideas that pop up in my head constantly. Usually I don't realize most of them, but have made a list of new things to try. As I am pretty much emphasizing on one handmade product (hats) it may be fruitful to broaden my designs for an all-year-around buying audience. These days (it's still January and winter has not left us yet) I have come up with new crown designs, it's a blast to leave the conventional paths and just experiment with shapes and embellishments. The picture shows a large tam with ornamental crown pattern. I love this more elaborate style and it's a pretty addition to solid unisex tams.
I'll be happy to share some recycled projects soon, besides new summer hats.
Browsing the internet for some business advice and help for small business owners, I have come across this article which talks about "Five Things To Do When Sales Are Slow":
REVISE YOUR BUSINESS PLAN
CONDUCT YOUR OWN MARKET RESEARCH
WRITE ARTICLES OR GIVE LECTURES
EDUCATE YOURSELF
TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF
For further reading check out www.Onlineorganizing.com

No comments: