Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Just Do It


I found this article today How To Just do It when I was browsing online comments of handcrafting sellers on discussion forums (something I do very seldom these days, but sometimes I just can't help it, it's like reading a newspaper for my genre).
These questions come up all the time.
Should I have a blog? a website? go to craft shows? Try another handmade site like Dawanda?
Try to sell my handmade wares at all?
Of course it's reasonable and smart to do a research, gain as much knowledge and opinions beforehand as possible, but why not just do it and try for yourself?
Invest a little time, a small sum of disposable money and give it a shot.
Learning by doing is the best way to find out if something works for you.

And as much as I detest companies like "Nike" who have their merchandise produced under questionable work conditions in certain countries, their slogan is powerful.