Thursday, December 6, 2007

Last round of classic warm beret tams before Christmas and Sankt Nikolaus


Available on Etsy
It's been a super busy week and I plan to take it a bit slower during the remaining weeks in December. I have listed my classics again, most likely it will be the last time in December. My popular colors such as black, brown, red and camel sell very well and it gets a bit boring remaking a design so often. So, I will refocus on One Of A Kind tams pretty soon, using some nice yarns that I didn't have time to crochet with.
It was a grey day here in Oklahoma with rain and sleet. I thought about Dec 6th being the traditional St. Nikolaus Day in Germany. Children, co-workers and friends usually are being surprised with candy, small presents or nuts. St. Nikolaus is similar to a Santa Claus, but actually he was a historical figure and became a patron saint of children.

You can read more about German Christmas traditions here...Adventskalender

and here is a pretty informative article about Sankt Nikolaus...see what I am missing:)

No comments: