Sunday, April 18, 2010

This and that...in the supporting role

Since my last post I have been supporting my husband with traveling to an art contest in Talequah and preparing for his role as head dancer at a Native American benefit dance last night.

I really enjoyed the trip to the head quarters of the Cherokee tribe in Tahlequah. Not only was the opening of the art exhibition (Trail of Tears Art and Sale) located in a real nice place, the Cherokee Heritage Center in a beautiful park setting, but Tahlequah also offered a chance for thrifting, walking down town and shopping health foods and gifts. Especially on a warm sunny day this was just the right thing to do before attending the opening ceremony. I also had a glimpse of the famous ANCIENT VILLAGE and one day would like return for a guided tour.
The event was overshadowed by the memorial service for Wilma Mankiller who had recently passed away and Tahlequah was mourning.

Yesterday Sid had one of the leading roles in a traditional gourd dance in Red Rock, OK, which raised means for the upcoming powwow in summer. I enjoyed the powerful drum and singing and dance, even though as a looker-on, but I participated during a family song.
The evening supper consisted of a healthy meal prepared according to "Better Health" standards which was filling but not "stuffing".

Now I can focus on PSD again, (Purple Sage Designz), I have exciting new materials and ideas.
Happy Sunday!

No comments: