Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Crochet as a therapy




Crochet is more than just a craft; it can be a very relaxing, therapeutic technique for many people, especially those that tend to be 'high strung' or even anxious. Crochet can take your mind off things in everyday life that can cause a great deal of stress or anxiety.
Crochet is a very tedious and time consuming form of arts and crafts and takes a great deal of concentration and patience. It also requires dexterity and gives ample distraction to stressful situations.
Engaging crochet can give a very positive effect in your life because it allows you to relax. Crochet is something you can do while you are sitting on your couch watching tv or listening to music. Because it is such a time consuming activity, taking a long time to complete a project, it most often is cheaper than seeing a therapist.
Once you learn how to crochet, the different things that you can create are endless.
Engaging in the activity of crochet will set you mind at ease and allow you to come back to the stressfuls situation(s) in your life with a clear head. Crochet is addictive, like many other artistic activities. Because it is therapeutic and relaxing, it's a healthy addiction. Using crochet as therapy, you can find a dramatic difference in your ability to relax and cope with the stressful situations in your life.

(I don't particularly enjoy writing longer texts in English, which is my 2nd language. I seem to have to go back and edit them over and over again. Sometimes I borrow text passages that I find online and maybe I change some of the wording, but I always give credit to the original source.
Honesty shall set you free:)

I had successfully used crocheting for the last few weeks to overcome the stress and anxiety of the car accident.
I must have produced about 40 tam hats, but never found the energy to take pictures and list them for sale.
Today I have finally updated my website with some of the new creations and there are many more to come soon.

No comments: